The Observatory is a think tank addressing the challenges, crises and innovations of the 21st century in the double perspective of policies and citizens. It focuses on three major spheres – digitalization, migration, and climate.
The ‘Policy and Citizens Observatory: digitalization, migration, climate’ is a think tank for research and policy on the major challenges, risks, crises and innovations – political, social, technological, cultural:
· e-democracy, e-government, Internet and social media;
· Green pact, climate and environmental activism and policies;
· migration & mobility and refugee studies, migration & diaspora and development; minorities and integration, solidarity movements;
· (post)democracy, populism, radicalization, youth extremism;
· civic activism, mobilizations, citizenship, human rights;
· urban studies – smart cities, public space, culture.
Our portfolio covers research, policy-oriented expertise, publications, civic activities, participatory practices, teaching and training.
Our dynamic team of senior and junior researchers, with different and complementary backgrounds, is proud to offer a unique link between academia, education, policy making and civil society. The members of the Observatory have rich experience in research and policy consultancy on national, regional and international level, EU projects, including FP6, FP7 and Horizon 2020. Our researchers have contributed to several publications in Palgrave Macmillan, Routledge, Springer, Brill, McGill, etc.